With the very hard ground, Batman the Shetland pony has been struggling with sore feet.
Batman the Shetland pony gets new plastic shoes
Batman the Shetland pony has thin soles on his hooves, which bruise easily and the very hard ground has made his feet sore.
Bigger horses with sore feet can be shod with metal shoes that have pads on them to help protect their hooves, but Batman’s hooves are very small, making this difficult.
Special plastic shoes for Shetland ponies
Our farrier has found some special plastic shoes which are small enough for Shetland ponies. They have been approved in a university study and are glued onto his feet, rather than put on with nails.
The shoe with the perfect fit
The special plastic shoes fit Batman’s hooves perfectly. They have a special bar at the back to protect his heal, and a triangle under his hoof to support his frog and protect his sole. They are very neat and you can hardly see them.
Very happy Shetland pony
Batman really likes his new shoes. He feels so much more comfortable and can now go riding again, thanks to our farriers.
Find out more about Batman the Shetland pony here
Shetland Pony Club is open
- Extra Starter Rides now available to book on Sundays
- Book now for summer and the whole season. Make sure you don’t miss out on pony riding fun.
For your safety we have COVID – secure procedures in place:
- Please minimise the number of people attending with your child within the current government guidelines.
- You are welcome to watch from our socially distanced benches and marquee.
- If your child is 5+ adults may leave site provided we have your contact details.
- You can find out more about our COVID-secure procedures here.
You can book now for:
- Summer Holidays
- Summer Pony Camp Days – Fully booked. Email email@example.com to join the waiting list
- October Half Term
Do take a moment to watch this week’s video: Batman the Shetland pony gets New Plastic Shoes
Enjoy your riding
From Rosemary, the Shetland Pony Club Team and all the Shetland ponies
Contact us on: 07734 950 309 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org