This week, we have completed our first Shetland pony rides after lockdown. There was lots to do to get ready. Join Snowdrop as he prepares for his busy day of riding at The Ranch.
Getting ready to ride
The ponies have been preparing for riding with 5 weeks of grooming and leading. The team have been preparing too, with lots of training and tests in the new procedures, as well as cleaning all the tools and surfaces.
We need the right equipment too, so thanks to our builder for the new gates and a mum, for making our team lovely masks.
Plans in place, so now we can open
With our first Shetland pony rides after lockdown successfully completed, we are proud of the ponies and the team effort in getting back to riding.
Bookings are now open for pony riding fun from age 4+
We are excited to let you know that bookings are now open and Shetland Pony Club is opening daily for riding, from 11 July until 31 August. In term time we will open at weekends and holidays until the end of November 2020, for children from age 4+. You can book: Summer Camps, 2 hour Own a Pony Experiences, 45 min Starter Rides and Pony Birthday Parties.
Shetland Pony Club is proud to be one of the first riding schools in the country to be awarded the Association of British Riding Schools Certification for COVID-19 Safe Working Practices. Having risk-assessed our riding in the light of the government guidelines, we have changed the age for riding to a minimum of 4 years old, until further notice.
For children aged 2.5 – 4, we hope to be able to resume riding soon. Keep an eye on our weekly email, social media and the website here for more information (Updated 8 July 2020).
Shetland Pony Club Online – join now for free
You can enjoy our new Online Shetland Pony Club website. It’s packed with lots of pony fun, craft and learning for you to enjoy. You can sign up here for free now.
- All paid bookings from July onwards – If your child is aged 4+ we may need to reschedule your booking for social distancing reasons and will contact you, as needed. If your child is less than 4 years old, we will need to postpone your booking for now and will contact you about this in the coming weeks – please bear with us.
- Parties – party bookings are now open for up to 12 children aged 4+
- Gift Vouchers – expiry dates will be extended if you are unable to use them within the current expiry period.
- Pony Share Membership – has now resumed. Contact us to join the waiting list for a pony of your own, the easy way.
- Refunds – if you cannot ride at the moment, we hope that you will support the ponies, if you are able to, by accepting a voucher code to ride in the future. Should you require a refund instead, please email us and we will organise this for you.
Take care from
The Shetland Pony Club Team and all the Shetland ponies
Contact us on: 07734 950 309 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org