Find out how you can ride the same pony each week at Shetland Pony Club.
Advice on Pony Ownership
Parents often ask us all about buying and owning a Shetland pony. When they find out how much it costs (the British Horse Society estimates that it costs about £7,000 per year); and what a big commitment it is, 365 days a year, they are often put off.
Is there an easier way to have a pony?
Yes – you can experience a pony of your own, the easy way, with Pony Share Membership at Shetland Pony Club. Learn to ride, build a bond with your pony, come regularly and enjoy pony fun in the countryside.
What is Pony Share Membership?
There are two types of pony share memberships to enjoy:
- Pony Membership – a pony of your own each week, 2 hours, from age 4+
- Mini Membership – a pony of your own each week, 45 minutes, from age 3+
How does Pony Share Membership work?
Members come every week at the same time March – November (you can join at the start of a month) and then:
- Enjoy a pony ride with your own pony and staff member to help you
- Parents can join in, or children can be left if 5+
- No need to worry about daily mucking out and feeding
- No bills for vets, feeding, stabling, foot trimming and the equine dentist
What if I can’t come?
There are some flexible sessions included in all Pony Share Memberships, to be used at times that suit you.
How do I become a Pony Share Member?
You can now join the waiting list for ponies in 2019 now. To express an interest, email us at: email@example.com or call the office on 07734 950309
Book now for summer riding – open to members and non-members
Starter Rides – are 45 minutes long and are specially designed as first riding experiences for children from age 2½ years old. They cost £40 per child. Extra Starter Rides available on Sunday 7 July, Sat 13 July and Sat 27 July
Pony Mornings – are 2 hours long and are delightful early riding and learning experiences for children from age 4 years old. Children enjoy both riding and pony care. They cost £55 per child. Extra Pony Afternoons available on Sat 13 and Sat 27 July
Summer pony camp days and weeks – enjoy the whole day with your favourite Shetland pony. Learn to ride him, look after him and enjoy being with him, all day long. 9.30am – 4pm, summer holidays only. Age 5+. £125 per day or £500 per week.
Summer Pony Day Camp Dates for 2019 are:
- Monday 22 July – Thursday 25 July 2019 – spaces
- Monday 29 July – Thursday 1 August 2019 – spaces
- Monday 5 August – Thursday 8 August 2019 – fully booked
- Monday 19 August – Thursday 22 August 2019 – almost full
Any questions? Do contact Liz in the office for more help on: 07734 950309 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Small Ponies…Big Dreams from
Rosemary, Liz and all the ponies and the Team at Shetland Pony Club