Dear Members and the Shetland Pony Club Community,
It has been 8 weeks since we closed The Ranch to protect our NHS and stop the spread of the Coronavirus. The ponies have been missing you and wondering where everybody is.
We have been so grateful for your support of the lockdown and for all the kind messages we have received through our new online pony club and on our social media pages.
As you will be aware, the UK government has recently announced some changes to the lockdown and we are working to see what this means for us. We know you are all keen to see your ponies, get outdoors and start riding again, so we are looking closely at the latest information from the government and Sport England to see how we can make this possible at Shetland Pony Club. There will be detailed guidelines published by the British Horse Society in the next few days. We will review them closely to see how we can return to riding in a safe and phased way.
Safety of our rider’s, staff, parents and grandparents is our number one priority at Shetland Pony Club, so we are considering carefully the best way forward to get you back in the saddle.
We will be in touch again shortly, by email, to share more news of our plans and will keep you updated with key information on our website and social media channels.
We have missed you all and are so looking forward to riding with you again.
In the meantime, we hope you enjoy this week’s pony update and another fun pony craft idea for you to try at home.
Stay alert and keep safe from
Rosemary and all the ponies at Shetland Pony Club
In this week’s pony update find out all of the different ways that the Shetland ponies lose their winter coats – you might be surprised at some of them!
How to make a Twig Pony
Lucy and Amy are bringing you another Crafty Shetland Pony idea – a delightful Twig Pony, using twigs or sticks from outdoors. You can make him at home with materials you already have.
You will need:
- Twigs / sticks
- Loo roll, kitchen roll or similar
- Hole punch
- Sticky tape
- Scissors (ask a grown up to help you)
- Coloured pens
- Decorations – buttons / bows / wool or use colouring pens
We hope you have fun making him and would love to see some photos of your creations. Email them in to: email@example.com
Shetland Pony Club Online – join now for free
If you are enjoying our Crafty Shetland Pony video series, we are excited to let you know that our new Online Shetland Pony Club website is now live. It’s packed with lots of pony fun and learning for you to enjoy. You can sign up here for free now.
Ranch closure and bookings rescheduling information
The Ranch remains closed until further notice because of the coronavirus pandemic.
- All paid bookings until the end of June have been issued with a voucher code to enable you to rebook at a future date to suit you.
- All paid bookings from July onwards – should it become apparent that we are not going to reopen from July, all paid bookings will be issued with a voucher code in due course, to enable you to rebook at a future date to suit you.
- Parties – we will contact you to discuss your party booking.
- Gift Vouchers – expiry dates will be extended if you are unable to use them within the current expiry period.
- Pony Share Membership is on hold and members have been notified of this.
- Refunds – we hope that you will support the ponies, if you are able to, by accepting a voucher code to ride in the future. Should you require a refund instead, please email us and we will organise this for you.
Take care from
The Shetland Pony Club Team and all the Shetland ponies
Contact us on: 07734 950 309 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org