Join Rosemary in this week’s mini series to learn all about the Shetland pony: Part 1 Origins
Where do Shetlands come from and why are they so small?
They originate on the Shetland Islands, 120 miles from the north of Scotland. But how did they get there?
There are a couple of theories:
- They walked across a land bridge when the sea levels were lower
- Archaeologists now believe that they came across in longboats with the Vikings!
How do Shetlands survive in tough climates?
Shetlands are small, fat, and fluffy, which means they are well adapted to the harsh weather conditions of the Shetland Islands.
We have some new availability for our Own a Pony Experiences during the Easter holidays. We’ve also released more Easter Egg Hunt rides. You can book online or give us a call 07734 950 309
- Monday 4th April 2022- 11am -1pm – Fully booked
- Tuesday 5th April 2022- 11am-1pm – Limited spaces
- Tuesday 5th April 2:15pm- 4:15pm – New! Spaces
- Wednesday 6th April 2022- 9am-11am – New! Spaces
- Wednesday 6th April 2022- 11am-1pm – New! Spaces
- Thursday 7th April 2022- 11am-1pm – Fully booked
- Thursday 7th April 2022- 2:30pm-4pm – New! Spaces
- Saturday 9 April 2022 – 2.30pm – 4pm – Fully booked
- Sunday 10 April 2022 – 2.30pm – 4pm – Fully booked
- Monday 11th April 2022- 2:30pm-4pm – New! Spaces
- Tuesday 12th April 2022- 2:30pm-4pm – New! Spaces
- Thursday 14 April 2022 – 2.30pm – 4pm – Fully booked
- Good Friday – 15 April 2022, 11.15am – 12.45pm – Fully booked
- Easter Saturday – 16 April 2022, 2.30pm – 4pm – Fully booked
- Easter Sunday – 17 April 2022, 2.30pm – 4pm – Fully booked
- Easter Monday – 18 April 2022, 11.15am – 12.45pm – Fully booked
Easter Egg Hunts – New spaces available! Thursday 7th April 2:30pm, Monday 11th April 2:30pm, Tuesday 12th April 2:30pm. Come and take part in our fun Shetland Pony Treasure Hunts especially for Easter, with riding along a trail and chocolate eggs to find in the countryside. Easter fun for children aged 4-10 years old. One and a half-hour session- £65/ child.
Own a Pony Experiences – are two hours long and are delightful early riding and learning experiences for children from age 4 years old. £65/ child. New availability Easter Holidays, Tuesday 5th April 2:15pm, Wednesday 6th April, 9am, 11am
Shetland Pony Parties – back on for 3 year olds! Amazing pony parties for children aged 3 -10 years old. Use of a private facility with 6 ponies, creating magical memories for your child’s birthday. One and a half hours – £650 for 10 children. Extra riding children (up to 18), £25 each.
Starter Rides – back on for 3 year olds! 45 minutes long and are specially designed as first riding experiences for children. £45/ child. New availability Easter Holidays, Monday 4 April, 9am
Summer pony camp days and weeks – enjoy the whole day with your favourite Shetland pony. Learn to ride him, look after him and enjoy being with him all day long. 9:30am – 4pm, Summer holidays only. Age 5+. £135 per day or £540 per week.
From Rosemary, the Shetland Pony Club Team and all the Shetland ponies
Contact us on: 07734 950 309 or email: email@example.com