See availability update below
It’s time for an Own a Pony Experience at Shetland Pony Club. Let’s find out what the ponies and children get up to.
Brushing time at Shetland Pony Club
First, the children get to know the ponies and learn to brush them. They need to find the correct bridle and choose a saddle to ride on. All the children have a helper to guide them and help them learn about getting their pony ready to ride – just as if he were your very own pony!
Pony Riding Fun
Once the ponies and children are ready, it’s off on a trail around the farm. There are so many lovely trails to ride on, and lots to see as we ride – from butterflies to deer and birds.
Pony care and learning
We also learn to look after our ponies, with a variety of different pony care activities, such as bandaging; putting on hoof boots; pony spa and shampooing; tack cleaning, and paddock care. It’s an action-packed time with lots of pony fun.
What age do you need to be for an Own a Pony Experience?
You need to be at least 4 years old to come on an Own a Pony Experience at Shetland Pony Club. You can ride with us up until about age 10, depending on your size. It’s great fun – do book online, or give us a call.
From Rosemary, the Shetland Pony Club Team and all the Shetland ponies
Own a Pony Experiences – are two hours long and are delightful early riding and learning experiences for children from age 4 years old. £65/ child. Extra Own a Pony Experiences this weekend: Saturday, 10 September 2:15pm – 3 spaces left – be quick!
- Sunday, 11 September 2:15pm – fully booked
- Saturday, 17 September 2:15pm – fully booked
- Sunday 18 September 2:15pm – fully booked
- Saturday, 24 September 2:15pm – spaces
- Sunday 25 September 2:15pm – spaces
Starter Rides – 45 minutes long and are specially designed as first riding experiences for children. £45/ child. From age 3. September Full – Book for October & Half Term
- Sunday 2 October 2.15pm and 3:15pm – NEW spaces
- Saturday 8 October 2:15pm and 3.15pm – NEW spaces
- Saturday 15 October 2:15pm and 3.15pm – NEW spaces
- Half Term
- Monday, 24 – Thurs 27 October 9am and 10am– spaces
Shetland Pony Parties – back on for 3-year-olds! Amazing pony parties for children aged 3 -10 years old. Use of a private facility with 6 ponies, creating magical memories for your child’s birthday. One and a half hours – £650 for 10 children. Extra riding children (up to 18), £25 each.
- Bookings from October- very popular!
Come and enjoy our legendary Halloween Pumpkin Rides, which are themed pony treasure hunts for pony-mad witches and wizards. Enjoy 1½ hours of pony riding fun at the ranch, during October half-term.
Dates for 2022 are:
- Saturday, 22 October 2022 – 14.30pm
- Sunday, 23 October 2022 – 14.30pm – fully booked
- Monday, 24 October 2022 – 14.30pm
- Thursday, 27 October 2022 – 14.30pm
- Friday, 28 October 2022 – 9:30am
- Friday, 28 October 2022 – 11.15am
- Friday, 28 October 2022 – 2:30pm
- Saturday, 29 October 2022 – 14.30pm – fully booked
- Sunday, 30 October 2022 – 14.30pm – fully booked
One and a half-hour session – £65
Shetland Pony Walking is the perfect way for older children, teenagers and grown-ups to enjoy Shetland ponies in the lovely Surrey countryside. Come and spend time, enjoying and leading your very own Shetland pony. £45/ person. Saturday 24 September 15.15pm. Call for more dates on: 07734 950 309 or email us:firstname.lastname@example.org
You can book online or give us a call 07734 950 309 or email us: email@example.com
Do take a moment to watch this week’s video: Own a Pony Experience Fun at Shetland Pony Club