Do you know what a Shetland pony’s heart rate should be? How fast does a Shetland pony’s heart beat and how can you tell?
Pony advice video
This week’s Shetland Pony Club TV is a pony advice video. We visit the ranch on Vet’s Day at Shetland Pony Club camp. Join the children as they learn about a Shetland pony’s heart rate and how to measure it.
Watch as they learn where a Shetland pony’s heart is. See how to use a stethoscope and where to put it to hear the pony’s heart.
- What sound should you listen for?
- How long should you count a pony’s heart beat for?
- What is a Shetland pony’s average resting heart rate?
- How much does a Shetland pony’s heart rate increase when he is galloping?
There’s so much to find out in this Pony advice video from Shetland Pony Club.
Want to ride a pony now?
We have a few extra spaces for pony riding this weekend
Halloween Pumpkin Rides are back at October Half Term
Half term is packed with pony fun including our popular Halloween Pumpkin Rides
Halloween Pumpkin Rides – come and enjoy our legendary Halloween themed pony treasure hunts for pony-mad witches and wizards. Enjoy 1½ hours of pony riding fun at the ranch, for children from age 4 years old. £49 per child.
- Wednesday 24th October 2018 – fully booked
- Thursday 25th October 2018 – spaces
- Saturday 27th October 2018 – spaces
- Sunday 28th October 2018 – almost full
Pony Mornings – are 2 hours long and are perfect early riding experiences for children from age 4 years old. £49 per child.
Starter Rides – are 45 minutes long and specially designed first riding experiences for children from age 2½ years old. £39 per child.
Book ahead for autumn riding now
You can book online here or give us a call on 07734 950309 or email@example.com
Small Ponies… Big Dreams from
Rosemary, Liz and all the Team and Ponies at Shetland Pony Club