There were lots of horses taking part in the State funeral of our Queen including her own beautiful Fell pony, Emma.
We had a special Shetland Pony Parade at the weekend to say goodbye to our Queen.
All 22 of our Shetland Ponies were on parade at 11am, on Sunday to honour the Queen. All the children and helpers brushed the ponies, painted their hooves and plaited their manes and tails. The ponies looked very smart on parade. We held a one-minute silence to remember The Queen. Even Elgin Sunset our beloved retired pony made it to the Parade and stood to attention during our one-minute silence.
One of our staff members played the Last Post on her saxophone to mark the beginning of the one-minute silence. Followed by the National Anthem and Sunset (retreat).
Our Shetlands stood still and to attention during the parade and behaved very well.
It was an emotional sight to see all our ponies standing in a line next to one another. It was a very special occasion. Thank you to all our members for taking part in Shetland Pony Parade for The Queen.
Watch the video to find out more: Shetland Pony Parade for The Queen
Autumn Riding Programme:
Own a Pony Experiences – are two hours long and are delightful early riding and learning experiences for children from age 4 years old. £65/ child.
- Saturday, 24 September 2:15pm – Fully Booked
- Sunday 25 September 2:15pm – 1 space
- Sunday 9 October 2:15pm- Spaces
- Sunday 16 October 2:15pm- Spaces
- Half Term
- Monday, 24 – Thurs 27 October 11am -1pm – spaces
Starter Rides – 45 minutes long and are specially designed as first riding experiences for children. £45/ child. From age 3. September Full – Book for October & Half Term
- Sunday 25 September 9am – 2 spaces
- Sunday 2 October 3:15pm – 1 space
- Saturday 8 October 2:15pm and 3.15pm – NEW spaces
- Saturday 15 October 2:15pm and 3.15pm – NEW spaces
- Half Term
- Monday, 24 – Thurs 27 October 9am and 10am– spaces
Shetland Pony Parties – back on for 3-year-olds! Amazing pony parties for children aged 3 -10 years old. Use of a private facility with 6 ponies, creating magical memories for your child’s birthday. One and a half hours – £650 for 10 children. Extra riding children (up to 18), £25 each. Bookings from October- very popular!
Come and enjoy our legendary Halloween Pumpkin Rides, which are themed pony treasure hunts for pony-mad witches and wizards. Enjoy 1½ hours of pony riding fun at the ranch, during October half-term.
Dates for 2022 are:
- Saturday, 22 October 2022 – 14.30pm
- Sunday, 23 October 2022 – 14.30pm – fully booked
- Monday, 24 October 2022 – 14.30pm
- Thursday, 27 October 2022 – 14.30pm- fully booked
- Friday, 28 October 2022 – 9:30am
- Friday, 28 October 2022 – 11.15am 1 space
- Friday, 28 October 2022 – 2:30pm
- Saturday, 29 October 2022 – 14.30pm – fully booked
- Sunday, 30 October 2022 – 14.30pm – fully booked
One and a half-hour session – £65
Shetland Pony Walking is the perfect way for older children, teenagers and grown-ups to enjoy Shetland ponies in the lovely Surrey countryside. Come and spend time, enjoying and leading your very own Shetland pony. £45/ person. Saturday 24 September 15.15pm. Call for more dates on: 07734 950 309 or email us:email@example.com
From Rosemary, the Shetland Pony Club Team and all the Shetland ponies