We are often asked how Shetland Pony Club began. This week, for our 15th birthday, Rosemary shares the story of how the idea for a Ranch full of adorable Shetland ponies was born.
How Shetland Pony Club began
Many years ago, the children had an adorable Shetland pony called Billy, who they rode everywhere, including to school. Billy was a special pony and the children had so much fun caring for him, riding him and loving him.
Small Ponies…Big Dreams
The children had a dream that it would be wonderful to have more Shetland ponies and share their fun with others, and so in 2008 that dream became a reality. Since then, thousands of children have visited the ponies at The Ranch and enjoyed riding them and caring for them too.
15 years on, and still going strong
Some of the original Shetland ponies are still with us today. Can you recognize any of them in the video? Our adorable Shetland ponies have a home for life with us, and they love to meet new children who want to ride.
Thank you to everyone who has supported Shetland Pony Club and our wonderful ponies and team over the last 15 Years.
From Rosemary, the Shetland Pony Club Team and all the adorable Shetland ponies
Book your Summer Pony Riding here:
Our summer camps are in full swing now, with amazing pony fun-filled days with a pony. There are different themes to enjoy each day – so much to learn and enjoy! There are still spaces in August – Don’t miss out – book now!
Enjoy the whole day with your favourite Shetland pony. Learn to ride him, look after him and enjoy being with him all day long. 9:30am – 4pm, Summer holidays only. Age 5+. £150/day or £600/ 4 day week.
- Mon 24 Jul – Thur 27 July (fully booked)
- Mon 31 Jul – Thur 3 Aug (2& 3 August fully booked)
- Mon 7 Aug – Thur 10 Aug
- Mon14 Aug – Thur 17 Aug
- Mon 21 Aug – Thur 24 Aug
Shetland Pony Parties – Amazing pony parties for children aged 3 -10 years old. Use of our private facility with 6 ponies, creating magical memories for your child’s birthday. One and a half hours – from £750
- “Wonderful experience!! Beautiful place with every detail thought through. The girls loved it!! Thank you so much!!” Beatriz (Oct 22)
- “We celebrated our daughter’s 5th birthday at Shetland Piny Club! It was an unforgettable event, very well organised, not just professionally, but with a lot of love! Thank you very much to Liz and her team for making this important day so special!
Highly recommended!” Natalia (Nov 22)
- A stunning location and beautifully designed ranch which left our kids (and the adults) open-mouthed in amazement! Thank you to all the staff at the Shetland Pony Club, who were so friendly and attentive with the children and who made my daughter’s birthday weekend one she’ll never forget!” Matt (Aug 22)
- Saturday, 12 August 14:30pm
- Sunday, 13 August 14:30pm
Starter Rides are 45 mins long and specially designed first riding experiences for children. Includes pony grooming and a ride on their own pony. Followed by a certificate presentation. £50 per child. Each child will have their own pony and helper. Please note your child MUST be 3 years old at the time of their ride.
- Sunday, 30 July 9am (one space only),
- Sunday, 30 July 12.15pm (one space only)
- Saturday, 12 August 14:30 and 15:30pm
Own a Pony Experiences are two hours long and are delightful early riding and learning experiences for children from age 4 years old. Includes lots of riding and pony care, followed by a rosette presentation. £75 per child. Each child will have their own pony and helper.
- Saturday, 29 July 14:15pm
- Saturday, 5 August 14.15pm (one space only)
- Sunday, 6 August 14:15pm
Do take a moment to watch this week’s episode of Shetland Pony Club TV: How Shetland Pony Club began – 15 years ago.