Join Rosemary in this week’s video all about the History of Shetland Ponies.
- Shetland ponies originate from the Shetland Islands, 120 miles off the north of Scotland in the North Sea. Only the very hardiest and toughest Shetlands survived the harsh conditions.
- Farmers used Shetlands to carry peat from the hills back to the farmhouse to use as fuel. As there are no trees on the Shetland Islands to use as fuel.
- In 1840 Shetland ponies started to be used in coal mines, as they were small but very strong and able to pull the coal carts. Shetlands were transported all over the world including America to work in the mines.
- Happily now Shetland ponies are not used in mines but enjoy riding with children!
Watch the video to find out more: The History of Shetland Ponies
Booking update, Easter Holiday availability. Please see below our remaining availability for Easter. You can book online or give us a call 07734 950 309
Starter Rides – back on for 3 year olds! 45 minutes long and are specially designed as first riding experiences for children. £45/ child
- Monday 11th April 2022 9am-9:45am- Spaces
- Monday 11th April 2022 10am-10:45am- Full
- Tuesday 12th April 2022 9am-9:45am- Spaces
- Tuesday 12th April 2022 10am-10:45am- Full
- Wednesday 13th April 2022 9am-9:45am- Spaces
- Wednesday 13th April 2022 10am-10:45am- Full
- Thursday 14th April 2022 10am-10:45am- Full
Own a Pony Experiences – are two hours long and are delightful early riding and learning experiences for children from age 4 years old. £65/ child.
- Thursday 7 April 2022- 11am-1pm – Limited spaces
- Monday 11th April 2022- 11-1pm- Full
- Tuesday 12th April 2022- 11-1pm- Limited spaces
- Wednesday 13th April 2022- 11-1pm- Full
Easter Egg Hunts- Our Easter Egg Hunts are fully booked. Please email the office, firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on the waitlist
Shetland Pony Parties – back on for 3 year olds! Amazing pony parties for children aged 3 -10 years old. Use of a private facility with 6 ponies, creating magical memories for your child’s birthday. One and a half hours – £650 for 10 children. Extra riding children (up to 18), £25 each.
Summer pony camp days and weeks – enjoy the whole day with your favourite Shetland pony. Learn to ride him, look after him and enjoy being with him all day long. 9:30am – 4pm, Summer holidays only. Age 5+. £135 per day or £540 per week.
From Rosemary, the Shetland Pony Club Team and all the Shetland ponies