Thanks for joining help your child learn Horse Riding course
Welcome. We are delighted that you have joined us.
We are here to guide you with your first steps into the wonderful world of ponies for your children. We are looking forward to sharing our knowledge and answering all those questions you have that will help your child start riding.
So what happens now?
Here is your course outline to download and keep you on track.
You can access the first module here now.
You will will receive an email with the link to a password protected page on our website, together with the password.
Course week 1: Reasons to Ride
Week 1: Reasons to Ride – find out what your child will gain by connecting with a pony as well as learning to ride him. Riding can improve childrens’ confidence, physical strength and mental health. In week 1 you will understand why your child instinctively loves ponies and the broad range of benefits pony riding can bring them.
Horsey Jargon Buster – you will understand those baffling horsey terms: snaffles, martingales, pasterns and fetlocks to build your confidence with horsey terminology and knowledge.
Week 2 – Pony Riding Concerns
Week 2: Pony Riding Concerns – your main pony riding concerns are the costs and finding somewhere to ride. In week 2 you will learn the different ways to start riding, with the associated costs. You can choose an affordable route for your child. We’ll help you with guidance on finding a place to ride what’s right for you.
Week 3 – Keeping Safe, Equipment and Getting Started
Week 3: Keeping Safe, Equipment and Getting Started – you’ll learn how to keep your child and yourself safe around ponies. In week 3 you will find out what clothing and equipment to buy, and what not to buy when you first start out with ponies. Once you know how to be safe and have the right kit, you can find out about what to expect in your first riding experience.
There’s a choice of these amazing bonuses to choose from.
- Either – a Starter Ride voucher worth £39 at Shetland Pony Club – put your learning into practice with your child and start out on your pony journey together. Valid for the entire 2018 season, this beautiful gift voucher is for a child aged 2 ½ – 10 years old to start their pony riding at Shetland Pony Club. It’s for a magical 45 minutes where children get to meet and greet the ponies, brush them, help to tack them up with a helper and lead them. When they are really comfortable with the pony we sit them on and they have a 20-minute lead rein ride around our meadows. When they return they help to put the pony away and care for him. Starter rides are a really special and children are presented with a pony ride certificate to take home.
- Or – Adopt a pony, Robin Hood pack worth £35. Shetland Pony Club’s adopt a pony scheme lets you love and learn about Shetland ponies. You can adopt our rescued Shetland Pony, Robin Hood, learn all about him and show you care. All the proceeds of your adoption will go to support other ponies in need. Your Robin Hood pony adoption pack includes:
- Robin Hood pony pack – including a welcome letter, Robin Hood certificate, beautiful Robin Hood rosette, a hand painted framed picture of Robin Hood, adorable Robin Hood stickers, a Robin Hood fact pack – posted to you
- Quarterly email update about Robin Hood
- Access to Robin Hood’s adopt a pony website with videos all about him, photos to download, craft videos and Shetland pony colouring. The website is suitable for children of all ages.
- Opportunity to visit Robin Hood – by appointment at our ranch in Cobham, Surrey, UK
Welcome to the help you child learn horse riding course.
We are excited to have you with us
Small Ponies…Big Dreams
Rosemary, Liz and the Shetland ponies
Start your course here now link
Any questions, do get in touch with us on 07734 950309 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org