Scroll down for Autumn Riding and October half term Programme
The seasons are changing and it’s time for a new field for the Shetlands. Yay! Now it’s rained there’s a little more grass but we don’t want the ponies to eat too much new grass, so we’ve put up an electric fence to limit their grazing.
The ponies seem happy with their new field but there is one problem, there is a lovely old oak tree that is full of acorns this year. When there are this many acorns it’s called a mast year.
Now that it is autumn time the big oak tree is dropping all its acorns. This is good for squirrels but not for ponies! Unfortunately, acorns are not good for ponies and can cause tummy aches. Acorns contain a tannin which can upset the ponies’ tummies so it’s best if they can stick to the juicy grass. So it is our job to clear up the acorns to make sure the ponies do not eat them.
The ponies seem very content in their new field- well done ponies.
Watch the video to find out more: Yay! New field for Shetland Ponies
Autumn Riding and October Half term Programme:
Halloween Pumpkin Rides-Come and enjoy our legendary Halloween Pumpkin Rides, which are themed pony treasure hunts for pony-mad witches and wizards. Enjoy 1½ hours of pony riding fun at the ranch, during October half-term. £65/ child. From age 4.
Dates for 2022 are:
- Saturday, 22 October 2022 – 2:30pm – 1 space
- Sunday, 23 October 2022 – 2:30pm – fully booked
- Monday, 24 October 2022 –2:30pm- spaces
- Tuesday, 25 October 2022- 2:30pm- NEW ride released
- Wednesday 26 October 2022- 11:30am- spaces
- Thursday, 27 October 2022 – 2:30pm- 1 space
- Friday, 28 October 2022 – 9:30am- fully booked
- Friday, 28 October 2022 – 11.15am- fully booked
- Friday, 28 October 2022 – 2:30pm- spaces
- Saturday, 29 October 2022 – 2:30pm – 1 space
- Sunday, 30 October 2022 – 2:30pm – fully booked
Own a Pony Experiences – are two hours long and are delightful early riding and learning experiences for children from age 4 years old. £65/ child.
- Sunday 9 October 2:15pm – NEW spaces
- Sunday 16 October 2:15pm- spaces
- Half Term
- Monday, 24 – Thurs 27 October 11am– spaces
Starter Rides – 45 minutes long and are specially designed as first riding experiences for children. £45/ child. From age 3. Book for October & Half Term
- Saturday 8 October 2:15pm and 3.15pm – spaces
- Sunday 9 October 2:15pm- Fully Booked
- Sunday 9 October 3:15pm- 2 spaces
- Saturday 15 October 2:15pm- Fully Booked
- Saturday 15 October3.15pm – NEW spaces
- Half Term
- Monday, 24 – Thurs 27 October 9am and 10am– spaces
Shetland Pony Parties – back on for 3-year-olds! Amazing pony parties for children aged 3 -10 years old. Use of a private facility with 6 ponies, creating magical memories for your child’s birthday. One and a half hours – £650 for 10 children. Extra riding children (up to 18), £25 each. Very popular- bookings from Saturday 26 November
Shetland Pony Walking is the perfect way for older children, teenagers and grown-ups to enjoy Shetland ponies in the lovely Surrey countryside. Come and spend time, enjoying and leading your very own Shetland pony. £45/ person. Sunday 9 October 2:15pm and 3:15pm. Call for more dates on: 07734 950 309 or email us:firstname.lastname@example.org
You can book online or give us a call 07734 950 309 or email us: email@example.com