For your ongoing safety we will have COVID-Secure procedures in place
- Spectators – guest numbers are in line with current government guidelines. Spectators, please enjoy our free coffee and socially distant seating areas and marquee.
- If your child is 5+ adults may drop off children, provided we have your contact details.
- We are now taking bookings for children age 3 for Starter Rides and Pony Parties only.
- Full Camp Days are only available in the Summer Holidays. Find out more here.
We would be delighted to answer any questions you have on: 07734 950309 or firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 Safe Working Practices for Pony Riding
Shetland Pony Club is proud to be one of the first riding schools in the country to be awarded the Association of British Riding Schools Certification for COVID-19 Safe Working Practices.
Will there be health checks?
Please do not come to Shetland Pony Club if you or anyone in your household has coronavirus, or if you feel unwell with either: a high temperature; a new continuous cough; a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste. On arrival, sign your child in. We will pass your child to a staff member who will look after them while riding.
Do you have any coronavirus guidelines?
Yes, Shetland Pony Club is a COVID-19 Secure Venue. We hold the Association of British Riding Schools Certification for COVID-19 Safe Working Practices (download the certificate here) and our staff have been trained in Covid-19 safe working practices. We have also been audited on for our covid-safe working practices, and we have a Coronavirus Risk Assessment that you can download here.
Can parents attend?
- Yes, spectators are welcome in line with current government guidelines. Spectators, please enjoy our free coffee and socially distant seating areas and marquee.
We are looking forward to welcoming you safely for pony riding fun. Please get in touch and we will be happy to answer any further questions that you may have on 07734 950308 or email@example.com
New Pony Riding Guidelines
- Health check – please do not come to Shetland Pony Club if you or anyone in your household has coronavirus, or if you feel unwell with either: a high temperature; a new continuous cough; a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste.
- Booking – book your pony visit online and only come when you have an appointment. Please do not arrive early (stay in your car if you do)
- Parking – park apart from other cars and put on your riding outfit (e.g. hat, boots & gloves, if you have them) before coming to The Ranch. Bring your child a drink
- Arrival – Sign your child in and we will give them a staff member who will look after them while riding. Parents – enjoy watching the riding from our viewing gallery
- Viewing gallery – adults may enjoy our free coffee and our socially distant seating areas and marquee. Please clean your bench before you leave. If children are 5+ parents can leave site provided we have your contact details
- Toilets – are available at the far end of The Ranch and by the marquee.
- Meet your pony – You can brush and decorate your pony, using a cleaned grooming kit. Your pony helper will guide you
- Clear up and hand wash – put your equipment in the “used” area, wash your hands and have your own drink, if needed
- Riding – staff members will help you tack up your pony & lead him to the mounting block. We will help you to get on and ride safely
- Paddock care and pony learning – staff will guide you, if you do these activities
- Returning – your staff member will guide you on returning and putting equipment in the used area. Give your pony a drink and say goodbye to him.
- Finishing – Put your hat in the used container, wash your hands and collect drinks
- Prize giving – all rides finish with a presentation. Parents, return 10 mins before the end for riding photos of your child and to enjoy their prize giving
- Leaving – meet your adult in the viewing gallery. Keep apart from others when waiting, leaving and in the car park
Thank you for coming – we hope you have had fun, safely with the ponies
You can download a copy of our New Pony Riding Guidelines here
What is the new normal at Shetland Pony Club? – see our video
We have a new normal with our riding at Shetland Pony Club as restrictions in the UK ease. Things are not quite the same, but the children are enjoying learning the new rules and having fun with the ponies.
Shetland Pony Club gain Certified Riding Schools COVID-19 Safe Working Practices approval
Shetland Pony Club is proud to be one of the first Association of British Riding School’s Approved Centres to be Certified for its COVID-19 Safe Working Practices. Demonstrating robust risk assessments and detailed COVID-19 safe working practices with evidence, were critical in gaining this important certification. Over 30 of the team have also received 100% pass marks when completing the ABRS Exiting Lockdown e-learning training, showing that the staff know how to keep themselves and our customers COVID-19 safe.
Owner Rosemary Miller commented: “We are delighted with the support we have received from the Association of British Riding Schools in certifying our centre in COVID-19 Safe Working Practices. The e-learning training on Exiting Lockdown has been particularly valuable to ensure that our team members have a good understanding of how to be COVID-safe, before they return to Shetland Pony Club to complete their training. Safety is our number one priority, and demonstrating that we have robust and verified procedures in place will help give our customers and staff confidence in exiting lockdown safely.” (19 June 2020)
How are the ponies?
The ponies are fine after their extended break. They are enjoying eating and playing with their friends in the beautiful meadows at Shetland Pony Club.
What can the children do to learn about ponies if they can’t come and ride?
We have been busy creating a new free website for you, called Shetland Pony Club Online, to keep you in touch with the ponies. It is a new fun website full of pony videos, learning and activities for you to enjoy at home.
Take care and stay safe from
The Shetland Pony Club Team and all the Shetland ponies