All about Pony Share Membership
You can experience a pony of your own, the easy way, with Pony Share Membership. Learn to ride, build a bond with your pony, come regularly to our club and enjoy pony fun in the countryside.
You can now join the waiting list for ponies now. We will contact you when we have a suitable pony for your child to join us as a member.
Do feel free to contact us with any questions too, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office on 07734 950309. Watch the video to find out more (this is about Pony Membership from age 4years).
There are two types of pony memberships to enjoy:
- Pony Membership – a pony of your own each week, 2 hours, from age 4+
- Mini Membership – a pony of your own each week, 45 minutes, from age 3+
What’s included in Pony Share Membership Your own pony every week – we will help you choose from our 20 well-trained ponies. Then enjoy the same pony every week to make friends with.
*Mini Members learn simple age-appropriate “pony pointers” whilst Pony Members learn pony care, grooming, tacking up, safety, leading, tack cleaning, paddock care and horse whispering.
What are the practicalities?
How Pony Share Membership works
- Come every week at the same time March – November (you can join at the start of a month)
- Enjoy a pony ride with your own pony and staff member to help you
- Parents can join in, or children can be left if aged 5+
- No need to worry about daily mucking out and feeding
- No bills for vets, feeding, stabling, foot trimming and equine dentist
Shetland Pony Share Membership is the ideal way to enjoy all the fun of owning a pony, without the worries. It’s a great way to start, so let’s find out all about both options.
What is involved in owning your own pony?
Which pony will I have?
- We can help you choose the right pony for you and can advise you
- You may already have a favourite and if he is free he can be guaranteed for you when you join as a member
- Talk to Rosemary for advice on which pony may be best or email the office
- We are very experienced at matching children with the perfect pony and will find you the perfect match for pony fun
What if I can’t come?
- There are some flexible sessions included in all Pony Share Memberships to be used at times that suit you
What happens in the winter?
- The ponies rest in the winter (December, January and February) when it is cold, dark and muddy, and you can rest too
- All winter pony bills and pony care are met by us
Much easier than buying your own pony
- No pony buying cost or struggle to find the right pony
- Avoid costly mistakes with buying the wrong pony
- No experience needed …we have plenty to share with you
- It costs much less than keeping your own pony. The British Horse Society survey quotes the average annual cost of just keeping a pony is £7,000
What our members say…
* “Shetland Pony Club has been brilliant and Crème Brulee is the best pony in the world. I will love him forever”
* “She has enjoyed riding so much & has really learned to love and bond with the Shetland ponies“
* “We like the idea of our child being outside and learning how to care for animals”
* “My favourite day was dressing up our ponies for the gymkhana”
* “I can’t wait till summer and river swimming with the ponies again”
* “It’s a lovely place – they are very friendly here”
How much does it cost?
- Pony Membership is £250 / month from March to November
- Mini Membership is £175 / month from March to November
You can pay the first month by calling the office on 07734 950 309. We will set up a direct debit with you after that.
What if I want to cancel my membership?
Don’t worry, you can cancel your membership direct debit at any time.
What do I get when I join?
We will send our lovely welcome pack to you or direct to the lucky recipient!
You can now join the waiting list for ponies.
Do get in touch if you have any questions: email@example.com or call the office on 07734 950309.